Thursday, May 03, 2007

Punking Postings on Craigslist

I love to punk people on Craigslist. I never do it in a mean way, but every once in a while I feel a need to do it. I saw this posting yesterday and couldn’t resist:

“(((___WANTED: ATTRACTIVE YOUNG WOMEN FOR SIGNED MUSIC GROUP__)))

We are Looking for two girls who are bright and motivated to work hard in the music entertainment Biz. We have a Signed Music Group that is searching for Girls with talent in dancing, and Singing! Ages of 18 to 25! Auditions would be held in Hollywood. There will be Travel, and we need Unsigned TALENT!!! SEND PIX, CONTACT PHONE NUMBER AND A COPY OF YOUR MUSIC TO: ummusicent@gmail.com -or- 1617 N. El Centro suite 24 Hollywood, Ca. 90028 schedule an appointment! No Calls or Drop offs ( e-mail for appointment w/pix and cover letter)”

Here’s how I responded:

I am very interested in your posting. I am a hot 20-something who has done a ton of modeling, recording, acting and dancing. I would have made it onto American Idol, but Simon was a d--k and hated me. Paula and Randy thought I rocked! When I heard that you guys were signed, I immediately became intrigued. People are always trying to con babes who look like me. They offer bogus jobs and then try to turn us out. I’ve seen it way too many times, believe me! When you see my latest headshot (which I’ve attached) I think you’ll know what I mean. The last band I did work with said they were signed and made all these promises, but in the end they were just trying to get a date with me. Please send me some more information so that I can be 100% certain that you’re legitimate. I live in SF but I’ll be down in LA in two weeks to shoot a Red Hot Chili Peppers video and to shoot an episode of Entourage. Maybe we could meet then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen this babe in the Girls Gone Wild videos. She's actually a lot cuter than in this photo, as hard as that might be to believe!