Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm Officially Quitting the Cancer Game

One of the things that I did prior to embarking on my Isagenix program was to quit smoking cigarettes. It wasn't like I was ever a chronic smoker (maybe 3-5 cancer sticks per week), but it's a bad habit and I'm happy to be rid of it. After a while, it got so I didn't even know why I kept doing it. My mouth felt like an ash tray and my breath smelled like burnt burlap (according to my lovely fiancee). I wasn't even getting any pleasure out of it anymore. It's been three weeks since I've had a puff, and I feel great! My brother had a pretty serious heart attack a few years back and even though he's in great shape and not overweight, he smoked for quite a while. The main artery to his heart was completely clogged! The doctors determined that tobacco consumption was the main cause of his heart attack. After that incident, I stopped for about a year, but after a while I started up again. I'm so happy and hopeful to be on the path away from cigarettes and I feel better as a result. For all my readers who are still smoking, try to quit. It's tough the first few days, but after that it gets much easier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ed,
Glad to hear you quit, but is 3-5 cigs a week really that big of a problem? I mean don't you get that much toxins just breathing next to an idling bus?

I quit smoking on Jan 1st ( New Years resolution ), and my wife quit too. I was almost a pack a day guy. I used the patch for the first 3 weeks and then nothing after that. Feels great but I still get an incredible urge when I drink; Otherwise I am fine.

Don't tell everyone to quit. You must recognize the tax money generated off cigarettes is absolutly necessary for the country's infrastucture. Notice that will all the railing no one ever suggests to make them illegal?

-J.O.