Friday, January 02, 2009

A Tough Writing Assignment

When I do these postings sometimes, they ask me to write about things that I know little about. It's difficult to write something and sound knowledgeable when you aren't familiar with the subject. Like this posting, for instance. They asked me to write about bearings. What the heck do I know about bearings? Very little. So, I ask myself--how would the great Ernest Hemingway write about bearings? What would the legendary writer find interesting and intriguing about bearings? Bearings, as far as I know, help things turn--such as wheels and conveyors and many of the moving parts found in automobiles. Would Hemingway be able to capture all this in approximately 60 words? If he could, he's a better man than I!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I clicked to find out more...

Tell me about it, man, I'm writing about something that is WAY over my head right now, I bought more coffee creamer just in case...