Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nautica Watches


When John Rimaldi asked me what time it was yesterday, I looked proudly at my Nautica watch and said, "It's 6:01, man."
"Are you sure?" he asked me.

"Yes."

"'Cause it feels like 6:05, 6:06, maybe."

"Then why did you ask?"

"I thought you'd know."

Now I was mad.

"You see this watch, John? This is one of those Nautica watches. Do you know what that means?"

"Uh, whaa?" John was on his heels now and I knew I had his attention.

I was yelling now.

"If you ask a guy with a Nautica on his wrist what time it is, don't question it, buddy! A Nautica never falters and always gives the correct, precise time. Not one millisecond off ever...EVER...capice?"

Before I could think about it, I had John by the collar and he was shaking.

"Yeah, I get the point," John said. "And I'll be getting a Nautica--tomorrow!"

No comments: