Monday, May 07, 2007

What's Your Wellsphere?

There’s a new SF-based Web site called Wellsphere and it sounds like a really exciting idea. Basically, it’s a site where people can go and share ideas, advice and experiences about healthy living.
First, you sign up and join the Wellsphere community, and then you can explore other members’ wellspheres, finding people with similar interests and goals.

Personally, I fell instantly in love with this site, because over the past eight months, I have seen the importance of living a healthy life. For almost 30 years, I smoked tobacco, drank copious amounts of alcohol, ate fast food and sat in front of the TV every night and all weekend. As a result, I now have a whole slew of physical ailments, including diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholestrol. Not to mention the aches and pains I experience every day with a bad knee and shoulder.

But, I'm happy to say that I am on my way back. I weigh less now than I have in 15 years and I'm eating the right things (No more Big Macs) and I'm working out with a personal trainer. I feel so much better and my life has improved dramatically. I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner, but you can't re-capture time or change the past, so what the hell?

That's why I am so happy I found Wellsphere. I am new to the concept but I think I get the general idea. It's a networking/educational site on how to get healthy and maintain good health.

Maybe you’re into hiking and you’re looking for better trails or groups to hike with. You can find them on Wellsphere. Maybe you’ve been thinking about trying yoga or pilates and you want to find the best places to do them. Wellsphere is the perfect place to meet people who are into yoga and pilates and who have been doing them for a long time.

Anything that has to do with healthy living – from biking, kickboxing, dance, meditation, tennis, diet, surfing, stretching, or just plain moving – Wellsphere puts you in contact with experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts and allows you to tap into their expertise and knowledge. The Wellsphere people really care about your wellness and want people to live healthier lives – to eat better and exercise more.

What’s your definition of wellness? Whatever is it, you’ll find limitless ways to get there on www.wellsphere.com!

No comments: