Monday, March 26, 2007

Day 8: I Stayed Away from the Fridge! And the TV!


Today is Day 8 of my Isagenix 30-Day Program. I knew my first weekend on the program would be tough, which it was. In the past, the weekend was when I really did the majority of my over-eating. I would go out for breakfast and/or lunch, gorge myself to the limit and then waddle around from refrigerator to TV; back and forth all weekend long. But, by losing some weight already, I’ve gotten a good jump on it and Isagenix has given me the confidence to extricate myself from my old ways.

On Saturday I did three shakes and on Sunday I did eat some food, pretty much for the first time all week. My fiancĂ©e, who is really being super supportive, made some great low-fat tuna burgers. I had two small burgers without bread, some sliced tomatoes and an apple. I also had some salsa to add a little zip to the burgers. Overall, I figure the meal was about 350 calories and it tasted great. I went to bed happy and slept well once again. I also did two one-hour walks down to Fisherman’s Wharf with the dogs.


Today I’m doing the three shakes again (One of them will have a banana in it) and tomorrow I’ll do another 2-day cleanse. This will be a big test because I have to go to Sacramento for my job and there will be a lot of food temptations to avoid. But, I know I can do it because I feel great and this program is really working.


I got an e-mail yesterday about a fellow Isagenix Program member who is doing a daily journal blog about his experiences with the program. His name is Zach and his blog is: http://zach4life.livejournal.com/. I look forward to reading his journal to help me. Knowing someone is in the same boat as I am will undoubtedly be an inspiration. Zach’s goal is to lose 180 lbs. by June 30th. Wow! That’s an amazing goal, but I wish him the best of luck. With Isagenix, I’m beginning to believe that anything is possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed-
Sorry its taken me so long to write but I've been busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest here in Denver. I've thought about you several times and hope all is going well for you and your fiance. It's fantastic that you're getting married! Congratulations again!
Please send me your e-mail address as soon as you can.
I wanted to share my own experience of quitting smoking and losing weight. If you only smoke 3-5 times a week, you should just flat stop right now because it is close to impossible to quit smoking if you ever get up to a pack or more a day. I think statistically only 3% of smokers (1 pack or more) who try to quit succeed. I smoked two packs a day and credit divine intervention for getting that horrible monkey off my back. Stop smoking now!
I am a big believer in the treadmill for losing weight. Put your treadmill right in front of your big screen TV and spend an hour per day four or five times a week on it. Nissa and I have also purchased a juicer and frequently have a variety of juice mixes that are really delicious and nutritous. There really is such a thing as vitamin rushes. They're healthy and fun to drink.
You're a good man Ed and I have a lot of respect for you. I hope you and your bride to be will have great sucess and happiness in the future.
Take care good buddy,
Greg