Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Forgiving Old Friends

Last night I got a very emotional phone call from an old friend who felt he had done me wrong. (Sounds like a country song, doesn't it?) Well, it was really a relief and a wonderful moment to be allowed to forgive him. What happened between us wasn't his fault, and I let him know it. I think it was a real relief for him to hear it. I meant it, too. Life is too short to hold grudges. I have a lot of friends that have people who were in their lives but are no longer, due to something that caused one or both of them to break it off. I don't want any situations like that in my life. Friends, especially long-term ones, are precious and should be treated as such. Of course, my friend also offered some A's playoff tickets as a peace offering, which was very cool. I'm a real sucker for playoff tickets! Do something real and get on the phone, jump on the computer or hop in your car and forgive someone in your life you've been estranged from. It'll make you feel a little more human and a whole lot better.

No comments: