Friday, September 15, 2006

Fergie's "London Bridge" is Stolen


Fergie is the new queen of musical unoriginality. Her song, “London Bridge” is a flat-out rip-off of several different tunes produced by other artists. She saw what songs were doing well, and decided to shoplift them! It’s so blatant and obvious that even an old 48-year-old geezer like me who really doesn’t have any business listening to these songs can clearly see it. In journalism, we call this plagiarism. In music, it’s just called stealing. I really hope Nelly Furtado (Maneater) or Gwen Stefani (Hollaback Girl) decide to sue Fergie for this blatant lack of class. I hate it when artists steal from other artists. It goes completely against what creative types stand for in the first place. I always thought Fergie’s music was drivel. Now I am even more disgusted because I know it’s stolen drivel. It’s not even her drivel!

No comments: