Friday, September 01, 2006

I don't get Sarah Silverman


Maybe it's because I just turned 48, or maybe I need a hip replacement, but I do not understand how people can think comedienne Sarah Silverman is funny. I think it must be that she's cute and says really dirty, shocking stuff. In my opinion, she is completely talentless. Female comics like Paula Poundstone, Sabrina Matthews and Ellen DeGeneres are funnier than Silverman on their worst day, in my opinion. I think it's okay to work dirty. When I did stand-up (15 years) I was considered one of the bluest comics out there. But, to be filthy while sacrificing being funny just doesn't cut it. Last night at the MTV Video Music Awards (which sucked overall, by the way) Silverman did bits on drugs, gay-bashing and Paris Hilton -- and by the way the crowd reacted, they thought she was awful too. It's so hard to be funny -- believe me, I know -- and I don't understand why Silverman is getting a free pass. I guess what I'm trying to say is that she's my September Douche Bag of the Month!

No comments: